- Students must be 15 years to enroll into a driver education course.
- Students must show Certificate of Driver Education (Form CDE). This document will be emailed after successful enrollment
- Students must show student’s original birth certificate and social security card. Parent must show valid ID, original birth certificate or passport, 2 bills for proof of residency. Click link above to navigate to complete list of requirements. Visit the BMV website for specific identification requirements.
Driver Education grades are based on pass/fail. Students must PASS with 80% or better in both the classroom and behind-the-wheel instruction to successfully complete the course.
Two weeks after completion of driver education and after reaching age 15 years and 6 months, you may request and pay for the road skills test by logging into your driveredsafety.com account. call our office to schedule a road test with one of our instructors. There is a fee of $30 for the road test.
The CIESC Road Test is not available if enrolled in online class only, traditional class only or in-car instruction only.
Probationary Licensing - New law effective July 1, 2015
- Defined as "a license issued to an individual less than twenty one (21) years of age."
- Students that have met the following requirements may apply for their probationary license at 16 years and 90 days:
- successfully pass driver education program (both class and in-car instruction)
- held permit for 180 days
- successfully complete final road skills test (with CIESC or BMV)
- completed a 50-hour log
- No passengers except sibling, child or spouse.
- Front seat passenger must be 25 years or older with valid license.
- No driving between 10pm and 5am
- No cell phone use while operating vehicle
In order to obtain your probationary license, each student:
- Must schedule and pass the road skills test, with the license branch or with CIESC.
- Must hold their Learner Permit for 180 days.
- Must be at least 16 years and 90 days (after completing a Driver Education Program, 16 years and 270 days without driver education)
- Must submit to the BMV a log of 50 hours of supervised practice driving. A copy of the log can be found here.
- If participated in driver education, must provide the driver education completion certificates to the license branch or CIESC test instructor.
- Online Completion Certificate (on CIESC letterhead), and
- Behind the Wheel Completion Certificate (State Form 55745)
- If you completed the traditional class and in-car, only the State Form with sections A and B completed would be required.